For all the Herbie Hancock aficionados out there:
Wounded Bird Records has announced the re-release a series of Hancock’s – long out of print (OOP) – Japanese-only issued Sony records on the 23 September this year.
This series of first time global release of these Japanese Sonys include:
* Dedication, solo piano, rec. live 29 July 1974
* Flood, w. Bennie Maupin a.o., rec. live 28 June & 1 July 1975
* Herbie Hancock Trio, w. Ron Carter & Tony Williams, rec. in studio 13 July 1977
* Tempest in the Colosseum, by the V.S.O.P. Quintet, rec. live 23 July 1977
* DirectStep, w. Webster Lewis, Alphonse Mouzon a.o., rec. in studio 17-18 October 1978
* Five Stars, by the V.S.O.P. Quintet, rec. in studio 29 July, 1979
* Herbie Hancock Trio with Ron Carter + Tony Williams, rec. in studio 28 July 1981
These issues are fully licensed with Sony.